Hi! I am a first year student pursuing Masters in Computer Science at University of Maryland, College Park. I am interested in Computer Vision, Graphics, Machine Learning and High Performance Computing.
Before joining University of Maryland, I did Bachelors of Technology (Honours) in Computer Science from IIIT Hyderabad. During my stay there, I worked on Computer Graphics with Prof. P J Narayanan at Center for Visual Information Technology.
- Piyush Bansal, Somay Jain and Vasudeva Varma. Towards Semantic Retrieval of Hashtags in Microblogs. In proceedings of the 24th International World Wide Web Conference (WWW), May 2015, Florence, Italy. [PDF] [CODE]
- Somay Jain, Nitish Tripathi and P. J. Narayanan. Interactive Simulation of Generalised Newtonian Fluids using GPUs. In Proceedings of the 9th Indian Conference on Computer Vision, Graphics and Image Processing, Dec 2014, Bangalore, India. [PDF] [Poster] [Presentation] [Video]
- University of Maryland, College Park. Teaching Assistant for CMSC216 Introduction to Computer Systems. (Fall '16)
- Software Engineering Research Center, IIIT-Hyderabad. Research Assistant. (Spring '15)
- Worked on devising methods for distributed model checking using SPIN under Prof. Suresh Purini.
- OpenDaylight Project. Software Development Intern. (Summer '15)
- Worked on Jenkins Job Builder (JJB) to improve it's plugins support.
- Made every option in the OpenDaylight Jenkins instance configurable by JJB.
- Amongst the top 10 contributors of the JJB project.
- Contributions throughout the project can be found here.
- IIIT Hyderabad. Teaching Assistant for Computer Graphics. (Spring '14, Spring '15)
- Google Summer of Code. Software Developer for Sahana Software Foundation. (Summer '14)
- Led the Sahana Sunflower Project, a community management tool used to manage tasks and track Sahana volunteers, projects and deployments.
- Amongst the top 5 contributors of the Sahana Eden project.
- Responsible for gathering the requirements from all stakeholders of the project.
- Sahana Software Foundation. Software Development Intern. (Spring '13)
- IIIT Hyderabad. Teaching Assistant for Digital Logic and Processors. (Fall '13)
- Google Summer of Code. Software Developer for Sahana Software Foundation. (Summer '13)
- Developed an Automatic Testing Framework and a Continuous Integration Sever for Sahana Eden which tests the fast moving code-base and reports daily via email.
- Worked as a bug marshal, reporting and fixing bugs by regularly monitoring the test results.
- Sahana Software Foundation. Software Development Intern. (Spring '12)
Open Source Contributions
- Sahana Eden : Commits. #4 overall contributor as of September 2015
- OpenDaylight Project : Commits. #9 overall contributor as of September 2015.
- Mentor at Google Code-in 2013 & 2014: Mentored pre-university students so as to introduce them to open source development.
- Coordinator, Open Source Development Group (OSDG), IIIT-Hyderabad from 2013-2014.